What to Expect from a Mold Remediation Contractor – Advanced Mold Diagnostics
When the time comes to hire a mold remediation contractor to rid your home or business of a mold infestation, you need to make an educated decision. Mold removal is a process that must be performed thoroughly, especially when the mold growth has been detected in several locations throughout your home or building. If you do not get a comprehensive mold remediation service, you may find yourself back in the same situation in a matter of months. Take the time to do some research on every mold remediation contractor you contact for an estimate, and consider the following advice based on our many years of experience in mold inspection and removal.
Tips for Finding the Best Mold Remediation Contractor
- Contact several mold removal services to request an estimate for your remediation project. Make sure they visit you on site, rather than offering you a quote over the phone.
- Compare estimates based on the specific work each contractor prescribes. While some companies may attempt to scare you into having more work done than is actually necessary, others may not be thorough enough.
- Watch out for unusually low estimates. This may be a sign of a contractor who will compromise the quality of work for low cost, speed, and convenience.
- Request a written report of the mold inspection results. If it does not include a diagnosis of the root cause of your mold infestation, the quality of your mold remediation will likely be compromised.
- If the mold remediation contractor is the same company providing your mold inspection and diagnostics, take note of the level of service provided during the inspection.
- Ask each contractor for a means of contacting references from prior customers, or find out about the company from the Better Business Bureau or Angie’s List.
- Last but not least, make sure your mold removal contractor is a member of the Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA).
In some cases, a “do it yourself” mold cleanup project may be possible (see our previous blog entry on how to safely and effectively remove mold on your own). Most infestations require a professional mold remediation service, however, learning to determine the best and most thorough service for your needs is crucial to the long term success of your mold removal.
Finally, we encourage every customer to think of the big picture. A mold infestation is not an isolated incident, but rather a symptom of another problem such as water leakage or excess moisture from a warm and humid environment. Advanced Mold Diagnostics serves the Greater Philadelphia Area, where our summers can provide an ideal climate for mold to thrive. This is why the scope of our diagnostics extends beyond a recommendation for cleanup. Just take a look at the response from one of our clients, who can attest to the fact that a comprehensive service provides the best return on investment:
You gave us a fair price for the mold remediation, did a thorough job and completed the work on-time. I was impressed by your adherence to isolation procedures to prevent the spread of the mold to the rest of the house. The cost of waterproofing was reasonable too and was installed well within the time estimate despite a snowstorm. The system has proved its worth. The wall refinishing was also a job well done. We’re glad we got the dehumidifier you recommended. It’s very effective even in the cool basement environment.
Contact us today to find out more about how our mold remediation services can give you the long term peace of mind you deserve.