Advanced Mold Diagnostics, LLC is an environmental consulting company located in Broomall, Pennsylvania.
Do you suspect that you may have a mold issue in your home? And have you been wondering how to kill mold in your house? Right off the bat, the most important thing to establish is whether the mold growth requires professional service or can be taken care of with a do-it-yourself solution. To help make this determination, fill out this free checklist. Once you have reached that determination, there are multiple options for each type of solution. Here’s a quick guide to the variety of methods of how to kill mold in your house.
How to Kill Mold In Your House: DIY vs. Professional
If the mold growth has not surpassed a small area (less than 5 square feet) and you have no at-risk individuals in your residence, a do-it-yourself remedy may suffice. Once you have determined that you are able to clean it up yourself, make use of these methods depending on the type of surface.
- Non-Porous Surfaces (countertops, tile, glass, stone, etc.)
- Scrub the area with hot water and soap, which makes a very effective biocide.
- Use bleach-based products with the chemical compound Sodium hypochlorite.
- After cleaning, be sure to dry the area immediately and fully to prevent re-growth.
- Porous Surfaces (clothes, fabrics, upholstery, furniture, etc.)
- If the mold growth is visible, seriously consider discarding the item because you cannot be sure that you will remove all of the mold. In this case, you’re better off erring on the side of caution.
- For any porous material that can handle such treatment, wash with hot water and soap.
Even if you know how to kill mold in your house, your mold issue might be beyond your control. If you have determined that your mold issue cannot be taken care of with a DIY treatment, it’s time to call a mold removal company to receive the necessary professional treatment. These services might include air quality investigations, mold testing, mold inspection, mold remediation, stucco inspection or repair, or waterproofing.
If you’re wondering how to kill mold in your house, Advanced Mold Diagnostics has the answer that is right for you. Whether you need professional treatment or can tackle your mold issues yourself, Advanced Mold Diagnostics is happy to help any step along the way. Our experts are happy to help you with your DIY remedies and are also equipped to provide the professional service that is often necessary. The variety of services, certifications, and years of experience under our belt make us a mold remediation company you can trust. For more information, contact us today!