So you’ve discovered mold growth in your home and have determined that the issue is beyond a DIY treatment. You know you need professional service, but you’re not sure how to pick a mold removal company. To help you with this process, we’ve put together a checklist that will help you determine how to pick a mold removal company.
How to Pick a Mold Removal Company: The Checklist
- The Institute for Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC)
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
These are just a few. Each organization has specific criteria for their certifications.
2. Experience: Make note of how long the company has been in business and also ask about the experience of the individual employees that will be working in your home. As with most things in life, experience yields reliability.
3. Reviews and References: Be sure to take a look at customer reviews wherever you can find them. Of course, the company’s website will exhibit the most positive reviews of their own work, so you will want to look on other sites for a more balanced opinion (Angie’s List is a great source for this).
4. Services: Make sure you understand the extent of the services provided by the company. Will the company be able to work with stucco, ventilation, basements, attics, structural concerns, and other specific areas?
5. Estimates: Ask for a written estimate before you make any decisions. Some companies will offer a quote at no charge, or for a small fee. Your answer to how to pick a mold removal company could be determined by whether an estimate is within your budget.
6. Insurance: Make sure that the company you are working with has Contractors Pollution Liability Insurance. This coverage is the only thing that can be applied towards faulty workmanship.
7. Guarantees: You will want to hire a company that offers guarantees on their mold inspections and testing to ensure quality results and a reliable outcome.
8. Convenience: Make sure they can work around your schedule. Ask how soon they can begin the job and how long the job will take.
If you’re wondering how to pick a mold removal company, make use of this checklist to find a trustworthy company. Here at Advanced Mold diagnostics, we are confident that we would be proven trustworthy if you ran this checklist on us. For all of your mold removal needs, contact us today!