In California, a family was suffering from respiratory problems, nose bleeds, and violent rashes. The only factor that these people could find that was a possible cause of all this suffering was the mold in their home. So what did they do? They decided to burn their house down, because to this suffering family, the cost of removing the mold was not worth the trouble.
Now, of course, burning your house down because you have mold is not a practical solution by any means, especially because there are affordable mold removal options out there, but, it is clear from this story that the health effects of mold are very real.

So if you do have mold in your home, what health problems can you potentially face?

mold growthIt is important to keep in mind that the majority of issues that are sensationalized on the internet do not happen to the general population. Most people are pretty hearty and are able to deal with the effects of mold in their homes much better than these stories let on. Those who suffer from allergies are susceptible to effects from the mold, and they can have allergic reactions.  If someone is asthmatic or has respiratory issues, exposure can aggravate their symptoms. Those with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), or any other type of lung disease will also have some serious trouble dealing with home mold growth.  And if you are immune suppressed in anyway or have young children in the home, the health effects of mold could be very serious and maybe even life threatening.  But just because these instances may not apply to you, doesn’t mean that you won’t suffer from some symptoms of mold growth in your home, and it does not mean that the problem should be ignored.

Most people who feel the effects of mold in their homes suffer from similar symptoms. There are skin problems, including itchy, red, and irritated rashes that make life generally miserable. Others suffer from flu-like symptoms including the typical respiratory issues that come along with the seasonal illness as well as fever and headaches. There are also of reports of nose bleeds, headaches, diarrhea, vomiting, and in extreme cases, liver damage.

As scary as some of these afflictions sound, the good news is that the majority of these issues will go away once the mold has been removed from the home and properly cleaned. In the case of liver damage, or other related problems, these problems can be permanent.

No one wants to suffer from the symptoms described above, if you have mold growth in your home, it is crucial that you invest in a mold inspection or at least some investigation into whether or not you need one. A certified mold inspector can tell you exactly what you need to do in order to get rid of the mold that is thriving in your living space, as well as tell you just how severe the problem is. Living life less than 100% is not worth delaying an inspection, and risking permanent damage to your body is not worth saving the money. Don’t let the mold in your home create these issues for you, and get a mold inspection as soon as possible.