Advanced Mold Diagnostics, LLC is an environmental consulting company located in Broomall, Pennsylvania.
Mold spores are impossible to avoid. Due to this fact, every home is potentially susceptible to mold growth, especially in areas that have a significantly high level of moisture. You are more likely to find mold in these moist/damp areas because moisture is needed to fuel mold growth. One area that mold can take a liking to is your kitchen. Leakage or standing water from your kitchen sink or other kitchen devices that could emit moisture are perfect catalysts for mold development.
If those ever-present mold spores have found the right conditions, and developed into a mold problem, you are probably wondering how to kill mold in your kitchen. Fortunately for you, you can do something about it. One option is to call a professional mold remediation service to come in and take care of your issue. However, if your mold growth has not passed beyond your own control, a DIY remediation could be a suitable solution.
How to Kill Mold In Your Kitchen: DIY Remediation
- Gather together the necessary elements, which are water, dish detergent, and bleach or white vinegar. You will also need a bucket, spray bottle, sponge, and rag.
- Using the water and detergent, apply a soapy layer over the entire area affected by mold.
- Scrub this area with a sponge. Be as aggressive as possible without damaging the surface. In this step you are trying to remove as much of the mold as possible.
- In your bucket, combine ten cups of water with one cup of bleach. Once it is mixed together, pour the solution into the spray bottle (this step can also be done with white vinegar rather than bleach for milder mold growth).
- Spray your solution onto the area that you had just scrubbed. Allow the solution to sit on the area for fifteen minutes. This step will kill the rest of the mold that you could not scrub away with the detergent
- After fifteen minutes, wipe the area with a wet rag and then dry thoroughly.
These steps should begin to answer your question of “how to kill mold in your kitchen”. Once you’ve taken care of your mold growth, be sure to take the proper precautions to avoid further mold growth. You have to evacuate the moisture in your kitchen as much as possible, and make sure you dry your countertops and never leave standing water unaddressed.
Whether you can take care of your issue with a DIY solution or you are in need of professional service, Advanced Mold Diagnostics want to see you through it. Our experts will guide you through your home remedy or have our professionals do it themselves for those cases that require professional equipment and techniques. If you’re experiencing mold growth and need help figuring out how to kill mold in your kitchen, contact AMD today!